Sunday 11 March 2012

Rock Climbing on Salem


On Saturday 10th March an international party of 5 of us spent the day climbing on the crag at Salem. (3 Brits - Me, Nick Snelling and Bill Hannah, 1 Spaniard - Carolina and 1 Argentinian - Luis).

Just recovered from a pulled muscle in my back I opted for a steady day, leading 3 grade 4s. All were very steady and most enjoyable, especially in the warming Spring sunshine.

Having felt no ill effects from my back I then decided to challenge myself by seconding the 6b+ "Honeymoon". This is a superb route that begins up an overhanging thuggy crack and finishes on a delicate slab. Two very distinct climbing styles in the same route.


We retired to the bar around 6pm. A great day out and a welcome change from the usual battles on Gandia!


No comments:

Post a Comment