Wednesday 20 April 2011

Stanage Again.

Paul and me headed out to the Peak on Sunday with little idea of where to go or what to do. Paul's car came to a halt under Stanage Edge and we decided to visit the Christmas Crack area. I led Christmas Crack (HS 4b) for a starter then Paul led April Crack (HS 4b). April Crack was a route that I usually overlooked for some reason but really enjoyed this time out. I then led Central Trinity (VS 4c) which showed up the missed climbing wall sessions over the winter by taking its toll on my arm strength.
Central trinity
   Paul followed this by leading Hargreaves Original (VS 4c) on Black Slab, another excellent route. We were then beaten to Narrow Buttress by some top ropers so diverted to Rugosity Wall where I led Oblique buttress (VS 5b) which has a boulder problem start and then gets easier higher up. We finished the day on Via Media (VS 4c) which Paul led.   

No comments:

Post a Comment