Wednesday 7 July 2010

Millstone Evening Meet

Mick was waiting in the car park when I arrived and we decided to warm up on Covent Garden. Mick led off on the first pitch and shortly later Nidal and family arrived along with a few spots of rain. Nidal and son Matthew joined the rope and we were soon all established on the ledge along with a festoon of ropes. I led the second pitch which gave easy climbing with suspect rock and protection and brought the rest of the team up.
Nidal then decided to lead Lambeth Chimney just as Paul arrived. Mick seconded Nidal so I opted to lead the Mall. Unfortunately I had forgot how awkward it was and how unfit I was resulting in a bit of struggle and arms like jelly at the top. Paul followed without trouble and Mick came up, tied on and brought up Nidal and Matthew.

Clive leading The mall.....

   .....and Nidal following.
Christine arrived and we decamped to the Great Slab area where Paul led Lorica followed by me and Christine and Nidal led the Great Slab. 

No comments:

Post a Comment