Friday 18 June 2010

Birchens Evening Meet

Me and Jago arrived to find Mick and Nidal about to attempt Sail Buttress (HS4b). While Mick led that route I decided to lead Topsail (VS 4c). Still suffering with a chest infection my arms felt weak on the overhang but judicious use of knees saw me through and onto the top slab. While belaying Jago the first midges arrived and so did Dennis who assessed the midge threat and promptly vanished.
After soloing the 5a problem finish to Captains Bunk I arrived back at the bottom where the midges were becoming more voracious. I left Jago leading Nelsons Slab (HS5a) with the aid of 100% DEET and Mick seconding with a full head net, Nidal seemed to be unaffected by the little terrors.
 Jago getting established on Nelsons Slab
Nidal then led Porthole Direct and Mick led Camperdown Crawl (or should that be Campervan Crawl).

No comments:

Post a Comment